How to create product card. Recommendations.
When buying online, the buyer relies exclusively on the description and photo in the product advertisement. The user does not have the opportunity to look at the item, try it on himself or evaluate its features and details. That is why the description and photo should be as informative, clear and easy to understand as possible. Filling in information about the product is quite a responsible task, because a comprehensive, clear and attractive description is the "summary" of your product.
If we want to make the product description high-quality, we have to do more than just adding photos and specifications. Our goal is not only to communicate certain information about the product, but also to stimulate its sale. We offer you tips that will help you do this as efficiently as possible.
It is the photo that allows you to evaluate the product. Today, the possibilities of modern technology allow you to show the product from all sides: from the general picture to small details.
- Add high-quality photos. The better the photo you post, the more chances you have to sell your item. Low-quality, blurry photos or those on which the object is not visible are not allowed. The photo must show exactly the item you are selling.
- Determine the angle from which the product looks the most successful (from which position does your product look the most attractive? This should be the point from which the most characteristics are revealed: size, volume, design features and other details. For heeled shoes, to for example, a side photo will be good, and for sneakers - a top view.
If the buyer will see clear photos from different angles and in good lighting, it is more likely that his expectations will match reality. This will significantly reduce the risk that he does not like or will not fit the received product.
- It is better to use a light and uniform background (we recommend white or transparent). On white, most things will look contrasting: it will show them from the best side. A plain pastel background is allowed. Please note that there are no extra items in the photo (individual decor is allowed). For the "clothing" category, an indoor or outdoor background is acceptable, provided that extraneous objects are not included in the frame: cars with license plates, advertising signs, etc.).
- For the main image for the ad, choose a photo where the product is as visible as possible, and photos of the product in packaging, color palettes, photos of additional schemes or details should be uploaded secondary.
- It is also important to add a photo of the body, because buyers want to see how the item will look on a person. This is the best way to show all the features of the product and attract more attention to it. If you are not ready to invite a model to shoot, photos of people who bought your product can help you (if you get their consent, of course).
- It is forbidden to place marketing information in the photo of the product - phone number, links to other resources, inscriptions or icons, for example: hit, top seller, promotion, gift, free delivery, etc.
Accessories, body parts of the model, hair and other objects must not cover the subject of sales. Photos on mannequins and images with a cropped head are not acceptable.
A well-written product description is a proven way to encourage users to make a purchase. Make sure you spend enough time filling out these pages. The most complete information about the product will help the client make the right choice, reduce the number of returns and attract more buyers.
- When filling out the card of your product, it is necessary to indicate the correct dimensions of the product, because the cost of delivery of the order is automatically calculated from the stated measurements. Please be careful and indicate the correct dimensions.
- Errors, both grammatical and those related to the features and characteristics of the product, can have a negative impact on the visitor's opinion. It is advisable to avoid complex terms and ambiguous expressions, but it is also not necessary to oversimplify everything. There are no universal recommendations regarding the volume of description texts. It all depends on the type of goods and for some of them a few sentences are enough. The main thing is to tell the user about the features of the product simply and clearly.
- It is important to take into account the characteristics of the target audience for a specific type of product.
- Attention to detail. If there is a need to choose a size or other options, then you need to provide full information on how to do it correctly and publish a size chart. Specify the volume, weight, dimensions, composition of materials, possible color solutions and other characteristics.
- Tell us about the brand. Information can be provided in the "about me" section. After all, products of not only well-known manufacturers can be sold on the marketplace. These may be lesser-known, but still noteworthy brands that the buyer has not yet heard of.
- Add a video review in the description so that users can understand some complex or new products. Even the best descriptive text cannot compare to a live person who talks about the product and shows its capabilities.
- It is forbidden to include links to third-party resources, contact information, and information about additional services in the product description.